1 Year Diploma Course (For Aspiring Chefs)
Why Choose a Culinary Diploma Program?
This is an ideal course for someone who wants to pursue a career as professional chef, those who want to start their own business and thus gain maximum skills in culinary arts, with the perfect mix of practical and theory classes throughout the year. The course offers all aspects of cooking, Global and Indian.
Being a chef is awesome. At present cooking is more than just being confined to a traditional kitchen. Your education with us will prepare you for your future career journey as we focus on entrepreneurship as well as kitchen skills. With hands-on classes and small class sizes, you will have the opportunity to develop your craft both inside and outside of the kitchen and the classroom. Our state-of-the-art kitchens also offer you the ideal learning environment to hone your skills. The course is designed in such a way that it is a combination of time spent in the kitchen through demonstrations, formal classes, self-study, visits, events, revision and assessment. The commencement of the program will witness a theory class keeping in mind HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical control point), Kitchen Safety and Hygiene. We provide the young people of this great nation with a platform which is complete with all the required tools, equipment, facilities and technology to become future chefs who are proud about cooking. Our friendly atmosphere and small group classes place high emphasis on skill development and make them fit into a professional work force in managing large professional kitchens both nationally and internationally.
- Externship and Internships with local and national restaurants and hotels.
- Resume-building and interviewing assistance
- 100% Job assistance
- Network alliances with well-known employers in the food service industry
- State of the art equipment
- Limited seats per batch for personalized attention
- Age no bar
- Global Hospitality Training
- Dynamic Faculties
- Air Conditioned classes
- 100% Practical work, which gives you the confidence to work.
- You can be a Chef, Baker or Restaurant owner and can get very good settled life.
- You can get a job abroad.
- Certificate from Indian government and Swad Cooking Institute.
Who can join this course?
- Who is passionate about cooking.
- Who wants to make his / her career in the Food industry.
- Those who want to start their own food catering business.
- Homemakers who want their career in the baking and cooking industry.
- Those who want to successfully start and run a restaurant.
- Those who are struggling running their existing food related business or want to grow their business at a faster pace.
The candidate should be minimum 16 years of age at the time of Commencement of the course.
Minimum Qualification is 10th Pass. (10th Fail may be considered as an exception based on Interview)
The candidates should Submit photocopies of all relevant certificates along with the application form.
Enrolment / Selection / Admission
The candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria and who have submitted application form along with relevant certificates will be called at the selection process.
The candidate will be enrolled based on personal/ Telephonic Interview.
- 2 days theory every week
- Kitchen safety and sanitary regulations
- Culinary term, Kitchen tools and equipment
- Standard cuts and Standard recipe development
- Converting recipes
- Food nutrition & Correct plate presentation
- Banquet event order
- Use of kitchen equipment & Cooking methods
- Store and inventory supplies
- Kitchen cook: uniform, about property, safety regulations and quality guest service
- 3 days practical every week
- Introduction to cookery
- Types of stocks
- Dip, sauces & chutneys
- Global cuisine: Mexican, Chinese, Italian.
- Indian restaurant style gravies
- Indian cuisine: Mughlai, Gujarati, Punjabi,South-Indian, Indian Sweet.
- Salads: salad dressing, Walldorf salad, fruit salad, Russian salad and salade nicoise
- Menu planning: developing menu, menu cost, budgeting.
- Practice session
- Industrial training
- Theory assessment
- Practical assessment
- Comprehensive theory knowledge of Culinary Arts
- Food science and nutrition
- Food Safety and HACCP system
- Practical skills in basic cookery of Indian and International Cuisine
- Banquets and Catering Cooking for Quality Kitchen
- Food costing, purchase and stores
- Kitchen design and Menu Planning
- Industrial Training
- Kitchen Management/Planning
- Service Management
- Production skill
- Food costing & yield
- Multi cuisine food preparation
- Achieving revenue goals
- Food Hygiene & Nutrition Value
- Variety Balance
- Station Set up
- Mise En Place
- Kind of meal
- Stewarding operations
- Laws on governance
- Guest handling and communication skillsPractical Courses of Diploma in Food Production
Personal Hands On
- Cutting and Chopping Vegetable techniques
- Advance Punjabi
- Advance Chinese
- Advance Mexican
- South Indian
- Street Food
Group Hands On
- Mocktails & Smoothies
- Punjabi 1 ( Basic )
- Chinese 1 ( Basic )
- Party Snacks
- Mexican 1 ( Basic )
- Career Counselling
- Regular performance and assessment feedback
- 100% assistance in Job Placement
- Uniform, study material & tool kit will be provided by institute
The fees for the One Year Diploma in Culinary Skills in INR 1,41,000 ( Including GST )
Items that are included in the fees are:
- Tool Kit (Different kinds of Knives along with Sharpening Tool)
- Uniform set (Chef’s Coat and Skull Cap)
- Course Files
- Practical Material
- Theory Classes
- Government examination fees
- Placement assistance
- Government Certification
- Swad Certification
- Meals (plenty of eateries and restaurants are available close to the school to cater to your meal requirements)
- Accommodation (we may provide recommendations)
- Nominal Examination Fees for final UK/USA Certification
Get Flat 10% Off when you pay online in advance.
Fees for each course range from 1200 Rs to 2000 Rs depending upon the course.
Timings for almost all class is 2:30pm to 5:30pm
We conduct above 55 courses.
You get the knowledge from our experts with such a technique and along with that we are providing the hard copy of our recipes in detail that every Student can understand easily and in case you are having any query in making the recipes at home you can repeat the class again for absolutely free.
Yes, its all pure vegetarian.
Yes, Jain as well as regular recipes.
Yes, Practical is compulsory for all students.
No, You just have to pay the fees and you will be provided all the materials and recipes booklet by us.